Front end developer based in London, working for the BBC. Previous projects: front end lead on a d3.js based fintech vis project; SaaS BI vis platform.
(2017 - Present) Visual Journalism Developer
Developer for a newly created World Service Visual Journalism team, building mobile-first interactive content for BBC News websites in the Near East region. I have been involved in pitching and building interactive features for BBC Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Pashto, Uzbek and Kyrgyz websites.
We are focused on internationalisation, page performance and RTL CSS/SVG code, tailoring the tech stack for the requirements of the project (including native ES6, d3.js and reusing internal modules built for previous BBC output).Training:
- AWS Big Data (Hadoop, R, Tableau)
- TLS/Web Security
- BDD Principles (Gherkin and Cucumber)
(2016 - 2017) Software Developer - Front End
- Front end/d3.js developer for fintech project management platform.
- Responsible for producing visualisations and maintaining/expanding the AngularJS front end.
- Line management of the front end development team.
(2014 - 2016) Software Developer - Front End
- Front end lead for SaaS business intelligence platform, importing accounting data to produce responsive/mobile-ready dashboards using dc.js.
- As second developer hired, I saw the full lifecycle of the application from early designs through to delivery to the first beta companies.
- Created initial prototypes that were used to secure early funding.
- Developed a node.js based solution for interactive data aggregation and charting.